Sunday, April 29, 2007

Kid's Meal - Island Cafe


I am so tickled pink with the kid's meal from Island Cafe. Met the girls for midnight shopping on Friday but I met them late as I had a massage appointment (more like torture as my whole body is sore and achy even till now) earlier.

It was close to 930pm when we scoured for eateries which were still opened for the late night shopping (Singapore Tourism Board initiative with ORBA to bring life to Orchard Road at night) which happens every last Friday of the month now. Obviously not all shops participated in this drive.

After walking up and down Paragon and racking our brains on where to go, I remembered I took the proffered postcard inidicating the participating outlets. Checked it out and realized Island Cafe was opened. So off we trooped to Tangs for a bite.

I wanted something soupy and light. Saw the chicken macaroni in the kid's menu and asked if I could order that. Some places are sticky about only kids being allowed to order from the menu. I guessed it helped it was already close to 10pm by then, so the server was fine with it.

The chicken macaroni came with juice and a mini sundae. I love that everything was served in plastic - bright orange mug and bowl - and on a colorful striped tray. That is so cute!

The chicken macaroni itself was pretty awful. The pasta was too tough, not al dente at all. The chicken was usual and the soup was not too bad. So I didn't finish it. The pineapple juice was obviously out of the can or box. The scoop of chocolate ice cream was tiny but that was not too bad.

The girls ordered dessert since they already had their dinner. So it was a night of chatting and eating instead of full-blown shopping. Saving that for Saturday ;p

Conclusion: Order from the main menu in future as Island Cafe has some very good local dishes.

No comments: