Monday, April 02, 2007

Inagiku Revisited












D came to town and we met up for dinner. Decided on Inagiku as I remembered him being envious when I told him about the good Japanese food in Singapore and Inagiku was excellent on my previous visit.

I ordered the same set again - Sushi Set. And this time I took pictures. The food is about the same as before though they changed some of the items, mainly the seafood.



What we had:
Appetizer - some spinach thing
Sashimi - tuna and swordfish or something
Main - cod with miso paste (still the best!)
Steamed veggies - okra, mushroom, bamboo shoot, carrot, some sweet tofu and potato (?)
Sushi - tuna roll x 3, salmon sushi (huge), prawn, ikura, tuna and cuttlefish (I think) - not my fave
Dessert - fruits (boring)



So I ordered macha ice cream which came with red bean paste.


But what I had previously in early October was much better:


Sushi set:
appetizer of fried salmon and other stuff
sashimi of swordfish (I think) and tuna
cod in miso paste (this is very nice!)
seasonal steamed veggies (didn't like this)
some soup (quite bland after the richness of other food)
assorted sushi (a winner! so many pieces of sushi - salmon roe, ikura, huge prawn, tuna belly x 2, swordfish, salmon roll x 3) - very generous and thick slices and the salmon roe is so sweet, the ikura is very fresh, not chewy at all.
seasonal fruits (japanese pear)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love japanese food. can you tell me the address of inagiku!

carolyn said...

Here is the location information for Inagiku.

Location: Level 3, Raffles The Plaza
Tel: 6431 6156
Dress code: Smart casual

Open:
Lunch
Daily - 12:00 noon to 2:30 pm
Dinner
Daily - 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm