Sunday, April 22, 2007

Phuket - Day 4

I can't believe it. I only have 1 more night and afternoon before I leave for Singapore. Where have the days gone?

Today continued on eating less. Lol. Starting from breakfast, I had a slice of toast with grilled tomatoes, cheese and fried egg. Had a small bowl of fishball noodles (not very nice, SG version is better) and boiled rice (porridge) which was not too bad. So yeah that was it.

Checked with reception on whether there is any relations between the tent with hotel name on it on the beach and the hotel. A bit disappointed to learn it was not related and the tent was for advertising purposes. When I asked about the cost of renting the lounger/umbrella, she told me it was 500THB!!! That worked out to around S$25? Daylight robbery! So that scraped the idea of sunbathing on beach. Anyway I am not really sand/beach person. Lol, I like watching the waves, but I do not fancy sand on my body.

So it was the pool again. Surprisingly it was not that crowded today. I must be bad in picking the lounger cos I got the sun again. So now I am nicely tanned. Healthy.

Had a bubble bath after that and it was slippery and I slid down into the water and did a 180 degrees turn. Lucky I didn't knock into anything and the bubbles got into my ear. I felt like one of those pic of girl in bubble bath. Candle burning. Decadent.

I still wanted my tom yum soup, so got out to hunt. Didn't see any Thai restaurant and before I knew it, I was at Jungceylon again. So I decided to try the street food fair. The noodles place looked nice. I saw the dry version of meat with noodles and wanted that. Somehow my pointing didn't work, so I got the regular meat noodles in soup. Sigh. It was ok, better than breakfast but the dry noodles looked really good with the different seasoning.

I really dislike the heat though, cos I get totally drenched as if I was in the shower minutes after I walked out into the heat. So yucky. Another reason to cool off in the mall. Walked around Carrefour and checked out the frozen section. They actually sell black sesame dumplings in ginger soup. Nice! Too bad I don't have a microwave here. And also meringue in the bakery section. Cool.

Went to Pinnacle Massage place for a foot massage. It was really good. Almost fell asleep. Either it is the heat or I am really tired. Rarely do I doze off during foot massages. Pinnacle Massage is a pretty good place for massages, I always go there when in Phuket. Just that the therapists I had are no longer working there.

Walked over to the beach and just spent a few moments to myself, listening to ipod and watching the activities on the beach and sea. It was great. A bit breezey, and not as hot or humid. Decided to continue hunt for tom yum soup and popped into this family restaurant which was established in 1985.

Unfortunately the tom yum and pad thai were not that great. Not spicy enough for the soup and the noodles were too salty from the fish sauce. Not nice at all. Even the thai iced milk tea was weak and not sweet. I didn't finish the food at all. Really disappointed, as the restaurant looked so promising. It is opposite a pizza place, Nepoli or something.

The good thing is, I met someone during dinner. Lol. Yes, I met a Canadian girl. She is also traveling on her own and is with the army. So this is her break time. We had a good natter and had a walk together after dinner as it was still early and it was nice to speak to someone who understand and can communicate in English. Otherwise it will be 4 days of not much talking for me. I took her to Baskin Robbins and recommended places and things for her to do during her stay.

Back in hotel and discovered the hotel staff didn't remove my dvd player. It is now over 3 days, hope they won't charge me extra since I didn't even watch any dvd today.

No comments: