Monday, April 09, 2007

Red Star - Dim Sum

I finally went to Red Star for dim sum a few weeks ago. I have heard so much about it but have yet to step foot into it. The traditional dim sum place with trolleys of food and din made by the diners.
It was a long line of people waiting for tables when we got there at around 1130am. We had to wait for about 30 minutes before we finally got a table. And the table was in a corner, away from the main aisles of trolley-dom. My gf had to "chase" after some of the trolleys as they didn't come to our section at all.

We had a feast for just 2 of us. As usual, we didn't finish everything. It was a bit tough to share as she is allergic to prawns and I am not that keen on pork. I like to have prawn items when I have dim sum. And we all know dim sum is either pork or shrimp.
So we ordered: har gow (shrimp dumplings), scallop rice flour rolls, spare pork ribs, egg tarts, century egg pork congee, siew mai, xiao long baos and paper wrapped chicken.

Conclusion, while it is nice to dine in the nostalgia-filled dim sum place, the food is just average. I have better at other places. I would say go there if you like to eat in a noisy place with push cart trolleys of food.

No comments: