Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tocca Candles!

I am in love with Tocca candles and I blame it on my influencer, Davis :p She is the queen of candles, expert in the various cult and high end brands. I don't burn much candles as I prefer to burn essential oils instead when I want to relax.

Tarts were highly raved and I bought some, but the home-made tarts made me sick, probably because of the artificial scent. Then I tried Tocca candle in Florence - candelina size - and it was good. Lightly scented and not overpowering that I get a headache.

Since Tocca is not easily available in Singapore, I ordered mine through Sephora via Amazon and that was through Vpost. Complicated way of shipping which a friend did for us. I tried swapping for the candles but not many people listed them on their list. Then somehow I got to know of Beauty Habit.

Surfing one day, I discovered it does ship internally. Yay! Got a few friends who wanted to order from BH too, and so a mini spree was on. I must rave about BH shipping and customer service. Really fantastic! They will email you the shipping cost and once approved, they will ship out immediately. On the website, it said it will take 2-6 weeks, but for my order, it was approved on 20 April and arrived in Singapore on 24 April (registered mail, so I only got the package today as no one was home to sign for it on 24 April). Amazing!

So I ordered 4 Tocca candelinas. Maybe it is time for me to move on to the actual candles soon.

Stella (Blood Orange)
Stella is the slightly sweet, never bitter and always fresh scent of blood orange, widely recognized as one of the finest gifts of nature. With its origins coming from 17th century Sicily, the blood orange is harmonious with Tocca Beauty's philosophy of combining the best of old world traditions with modern influences

Rodolfo (Tuberose)
The potent tuberose emits a soft spicy fragrance intended to fill the bedroom with romance and gently rekindle the sensuality of the great 1920's lover, Rodolfo

Isabella (Fresh Watermelon)
Isabella's fresh aroma of watermelon hits you unexpectedly. Mysterious and intriguing like a young Sicilian beauty, Isabella evokes legends of lost sailors in the Southern Mediterranean seas.

Cleopatra (Grapefruit and Cucumber)
A blend of cucumber and grapefruit emits a light and clean, yet luxuriously exotic scent for the bathroom, underscoring Cleopatra's indulgence for her milk baths

Florence (Orris Rose)
Florence is the sophisticated essence of the old European garden rose known as Centifolias or "cabbage" rose. Bred in the 16th and 17th centuries by the Dutch, Centifolias are noted for their highly fragrant blooms as well as their one hundred (cento) petals. Tocca Beauty combines the character of the rose with the root of the iris, also known as orris root, to anchor the scent.

1 comment:

stardust979 said...

Hi Carolyn, thanks for your recommendation of the candles! :) I also got M Canovas from the same website you recommended, very nice! :) :) Thanks so much and keep up your blog, v interesting read! :)

ps. I'm a little fan of Kate Spade too :)