Saturday, October 04, 2008

Gourmet Popcorn

I discover a popcorn shop in the basement of The Cathay when I was there to buy movie tickets a couple of weeks back. The staff was very nice and offered me a choice of popcorn to try when I bought my tickets. It was a substantial amount in a small paper bag. I tried the caramel almond and liked it.

I was at The Cathay last weekend and decided to get a small size gourmet popcorn for the movie. I tried the sour cream and chives and the cheddar cheese. Both were nice but I was not in a savory mood and selected the caramel almonds again. There were more in the plastic bag but I ate 3/4 of them and only took the pic at home :p

It was fragrant with the buttery taste and caramel sweetness. The almonds were a nice addition to add more crunch to the popcorn. I love the packaging too. So cute to swing the box.

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

I ate those popcorn, savoury...abit lao4 hong1 :) but yup, quite nice with the cheese flavour...

Have heard not very good rumours about New York New York but would still like to try it all the same..

THe Marc Jacob bag is very beautiful, you have good taste!

carolyn said...

Thank you :) I can't wait to see the new Resort '09 colors for the bag.

I know what you mean about wanting to try NY,NY. Maybe there are good in certain dishes, not all. Just need to find out which one. I heard there is a candy floss machine where you can make your own floss for free. Plus the pool table over at CityLink Mall outlet.