Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Mum's Cuisine @ Paragon

My Mum's Cuisine has changed its menu and crockery and has more branding presence now. I realized I am quite unadventurous in ordering new dishes especially when I dine in places where I know I like certain dishes.

I mean, I go to certain restaurants for certain dishes which I like very much. What is the point of trying new dishes when you are happy with the usual? I don't mind trying new restaurants as that is something which I have no idea what would be good.

E.g. at Lucky Prata, I would always order the chicken briyani and fish curry. Sometimes I would add new dishes but those 2 will always be there. Then so for My Mum's Cuisine, I would always order the chicken buah keluak or fish head curry with the hotplate tofu. I have tried some other dishes before and weren't too impressed.

So we were a bit disappointed when we found out the chicken buah keluak dish was unavailable as they did not have the time to prepare the nuts. In the end we ordered the kung pao chicken, sambal kangkong and hotplate tofu. At least one usual dish was ordered to ensure quality :p

Our dinner. See the table with some playing cards underneath? Pretty neat. The tofu was not done well that night and the kangkong too. The saving grace was the chicken. The rice was so hard and dry. Maybe new chef?
Close up of the kung pao chicken. I love the sweet and spicy sauce and cashew nuts. Can you believe I never had kung pao chicken before? As in I never knew it existed until I went to live in Canada. It was always such a North American Chinese dish as it was a staple in the Chinese stall in their foodcourts and restaurants. I always loved the shanghai noodles over there with the kung pao chicken or stir fried beef.

Location:
My Mum's Cuisine
Paragon, Basement 1
Tel: 6734 5990

No comments: