Monday, October 20, 2008

R.I.P ipod Mini...Hello ipod Nano

I finally bought it! The 16GB ipod nano :) I am so glad I waited before retiring my ipod mini. My mini which I got it in early 2005 has been giving me problems for a while. It would suddenly showed as no battery even though it was full. That is so not useful at all since it meant I can barely last 2 hours in the plane with the mini. And within weeks of me removing the plastic cover of the click-wheel, I got marks and scratches on it :( Otherwise, my mini is in pretty decent shape.

I didn't get the square nano as I didn't like it. And I sold the 1st generation nano when I won it during D&D in 2005 since the mini is 4GB and the nano was only 2GB. So yes, it is finally time to say goodbye to my mini.

I thought I would get the purple nano as it looked so pretty online. Unfortunately it was a much darker purple, almost indigo, than I like. So I decided on the classic, sophisticated black ;p It is more charcoal than pure ink black.

I love that the nano is so tiny and slim and lightweight. I just hope I don't break it! It looks so fragile. It took me a while (and friends' help) before I could download the new itunes 8. But yes, so now it is working. I need to transfer my music from the mini to the nano. And probably buy a few games and TV shows to keep me entertain.

Awesome! I love having new toy :) Now...if only I can find a blackberry pearl in pink. I am still searching for my blackberry pearl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally the nano is here :)

carolyn said...

yup. after a long, long wait ;) I am loving it! The battery is still going on strong after 1 week of use.