Wednesday, October 08, 2008

alldressedup fall/winter 2008 fashion show

I received the invitation to alldressedup fall/winter 2008 collection fashion show at Paragon and decided to attend. Brought along a friend and met ex-colleagues over there too. It has been a while since I was involved in the fashion world and I could appreciate the work put in by the alldressedup team.

The planning, the songs selection, discussion with the show producer, the works. People do not realize the time taken to create something that would be over in 30 minutes. The backstage rush. The awful checking and steaming of clothes, plus drycleaning of clothes. It was always an adrenaline high. Dress rehearsal, selection of clothes to showcase, choosing of models (if own show), then plus the tie-up with other partners, packing of goody bags, rsvp list. Lots of people involved.

I managed to take some pictures, some were too blurry. These are some pieces which I like. Guess the flowy, drapey look is in, and to be worn with tights or leggings. Sweet!








Goodbye. I love how Paragon has done up the set. Simple runway but with the sheer curtains all the way to the 2nd level meant that people cannot gawk from the outside when the curtains were drawn. Many times when I saw other shows, it was quite open so it didn't have a feel of being an invited event.

Butler service from Bakerzin serving fizzy soda and champagne (or was it just white wine? I decided to be a good girl and didn't drink :p) and canapes. I only took the macaroons. Yummy. Partners for alldressedup were Bazaar magazine and MAC.

I do like alldressedup for its simple yet detailed clothings. They use mainly silk for their clothes so the price point was higher, akin to Maxstudio.com, another shop which I like.

3 comments:

Aggieb said...

I am soo envious! Sounds so glamourous to be invited to such events.

carolyn said...

I have never asked you along for one at all? I'll check with you next time if you are free to go with me :) It will likely be in March/April 2009 for Spring/Summer Collection.

Aggieb said...

No you never did! Hee...that will be really cool! I am looking forward to my first fashion runway show :)