Friday, October 24, 2008

Pasta Bolognaise

While I like to cook "free n easy", according to what strike my fancy or mood, it is definitely much better to have a recipe on hand :p

So I went grocery shopping last weekend and came back with broccoli, minced beef, cherry tomatoes, mini portobello mushrooms and a bottle of pasta sauce. Yes, I was lazy to make my own sauce :p

I decided to just make a simple dinner of pasta with meat sauce. After all, it has been a long time since I did that. Somehow, the sauce was tasteless! The saving grace was the tabasco sauce which gave a bit of kick to the dish.

The mushrooms and cherry tomatoes were wonderful. The broccoli could be softer. I only realized I forgot the minced garlic and chopped onions after everything was cooked. And I used olive oil for everything.

The above portion was big enough for two persons. I need to experiment more again.

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

Wow the pasta looks good :) do have a good weekend!

carolyn said...

Thanks :) It was tasteless though :p Enjoy the long weekend!