Friday, October 03, 2008

New York, New York @ Heartland Mall

Heartland Mall in Kovan has become more "happening" in recent years with many new eateries. It used to be a sleepy little place with hardly anything over there, besides the much-loved A&W. Now you can find Sakae Sushi, Qi Ji, BK, Pizza Hut, KFC, Yoshinoya, Thai Express and New York New York.
I hardly go to New York New York as I didn't hear good things about it and the one time I went was a couple of years back at the CityLink Mall outlet. I didn't remember much of the food at all and was racking my brains on what would be safe to order.
In the end, I decided on a burger. How hard could it be? I had the Teriyaki Hawaiian burger. I requested for medium well, and the meat patty was pinkish in the center. Unfortunately it crumbled when I cut into it which made eating a tad messy. The sauce was ok, nothing to rave about and the pineapple added the Hawaiian part to it. The fries were cold and awful. The piece of lettuce with tomato and onion were pretty sad and dry. So, nope. Not a keeper.
My friend ordered the same thing except it was chicken chop. It looked marginally better with a proper salad and wedges. I forgot to ask her how it was but she finished the whole thing. Then again, she was eating for two :p
While it is not fantastic food, at least there are some western fare available in the Heartland Mall area which is pretty good.

No comments: