Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Amrita Spa, Raffles the Plaza (Dec 2003)

SPA REVIEW

I got to try out Amrita Spa as part of the Body & Soul Room package provided by Raffles The Plaza. A 1 night stay in the Grand Premier Room and a spa treatment. Obviously, being a massage junkie, I chose a 60min Aromatherapy massage over a facial.

Amrita Spa is huge (50,000 square feet), spanning over 3 levels of
Raffles The Plaza Singapore. It has 35 treatment rooms (attached showers), dedicated pedicure and manicure stations, hot and cold plunge pools, meditation alcoves and a relaxation lounge. Besides that, it fitness facilities include 6 tennis courts, 2 outdoor swimming pools, aerobics and yoga studios and a gym.

My appointment was pretty late, 8pm I think, so I didn't really utilize the facilities. I like the huge ladies changing room. The cold plunge pool and 2 warm jacuzzis are in there too. So you can actually just remain inside and never come out of the changing room. I was asked to change into a bathrobe in the changing room, and then I was brought out to the relaxation lounge.

The relaxation room was really nice. It has rows of beds with its individual curtains for privacy, as well as a CD player to listen to. You can request for CDs from the attendant. Floral tea is also served inside the room.


The treatment room has dim lighting, can't remember much of it now. The therapist was pretty good, managed to get rid of the kinks on my back and shoulders. It was a wonderful 1 hr treatment. After the treatment, I tried out the jacuzzi. As it was late, there were not many people using it. It was relaxing amidst the bubbles created by the jets.

Overall, I like it. I like the spaciousness of the spa. As with all hotel spas, they do not try to hardsell you into buying packages which makes the experience even better.

Contact:

Amrita Spa, Raffles City
Address: 2 Stamford Road Levels 6 to 8 Raffles The Plaza Singapore 178882
Phone: +65.63364477

No comments: