Sunday, February 26, 2006

Roses and their uses

Well, it has been close to 2 weeks since I received the chest of roses. I didn't transfer them to a vase after 3 days as planned after I found out the stalks were too short and my vases are too big. Drying them also seemed weird, plus I never know what to do with dried roses. They just take up space, my precious space ;p

So I thought I shall enjoy them instead. Instead of a flower bath, I had a rose petals footbath. I used 3 roses for that. A few days later (1 week after receiving the flowers), as more roses are dying, I decided to have a "bed of roses" though it was more like a bed of rose petals. Hehe. I still could not bear to use the entire 7 roses, so I only scattered the petals from 4 roses.



No, I didn't sleep on them. Hehe. I placed the petals in a glass dish for candle and they are drying naturally now.

Now I have 3 roses left in the chest. They are no longer a pretty sight, but I still love them. Some of the petals are dried, the rest are damp and they are still giving out the lovely fresh cut rosey scent. Amazing!

Maybe I will put the dried up petals into a sachet and use it as a drawer scent. Or does anyone else has any idea on what to do with the roses?

No comments: