Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yhingthai Palace

I decided on Yhingthai Palace restaurant for my birthday celebration this year. After an experience of having a set menu on my birthday, I promised myself I would never ever do that again. It was bad, bad, bad.

The restaurant could not cope with a full house and there were 2 sittings. Food were served late and people were left hungry. I felt like I was being in a cattle production line or something. There is no romance at all.

Anyway, after that experience, I always try to go to restaurants which have their regular menus and do not try to cash in on Valentine's Day by changing to a set menu for that one day.

So it was Yhingthai Palace for my girlfriends and I. So touched to know that they are willing to forsake their SOs to celebrate with me instead. Thank you girls :) Love you all.


It has been several years since I last went to Yhingthai for Thai food, but I always remembered the good quality food served there. The olive rice and deep fried pomfret with mango sauce are to die for.

So we ordered mango salad, deep fried pomfret with mango sauce, olive rice, green curry chicken, string beans with shrimps in spicy sauce and seafood tom yam soup. The fish is amazing. Fresh and crispy that one could even eat the bones (well, the side or is it fin?) and the tangy mango sauce goes very well with it. The olive rice is fantastic, no other restaurants came as close to its standard. The string beans are crunchy and tasty with the spicy sauce. The tom yam soup is deceptively clear but packed a punch. The disappointment is the green curry chicken. Somehow I felt it is a bit watery and the taste is not there.

Kisses for the girls


The meal ended with a birthday cake which Livia bought from Bakerzin. It is called Desire and it is so yummilicious. Rich and sweet, with the prettiest chocolate roses I ever seen.


Contact:
Yhingthai Palace Restaurant
#01-04, 36 Purvis Street
Tel: 6337 1161

1 comment:

celest said...

how come you didn't post the picture of you with your super-lustrous chocolate lips? *lol*... pls email me the pics taken that night. i had a great time!