Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Retreat at Marriott (August 2004)

SPA REVIEW

I went to The Retreat at the Marriott. The service was not very good. I was there early, and was told to have a shower and change into the bathrobe. The receptionist said she will come and get me at my appointment time. After waiting for 5 to 10 mins, I went out to check if the therapist is ready. The receptionist had forgotten about my appointment!

I was brought into the treatment room and told to wait. I had booked for the Body Massage & Relaxing feet wrap, which will take about an hour.

The therapist came into the room after a 5-10 mins wait. She is polite and apologized for her lateness. I am not certain if she got my treatment wrong or what as she started off with a body scrub.

The room is small and has no ensuite shower or bathroom. I was told to go to the changing room to take a quick shower. After that, she started on the body massage. The massage was good, different from the usual style. And she ended it with a cooling leg wrap. The whole thing took about an hour (including the shower time).

The changing/locker room is very basic, a bit small. The vanity area is tiny, but it also comes with complimentary use of Crabtree & Evelyn skincare. The spa facilities include the steamroom, sauna, warm jacuzzi and a cold plunge pool. Unfortunately there is no loungers or areas to sit and relax after the treatments. And the therapist did not serve tea or warm face towel unlike its sister outlet at The Grand Hyatt.

Overall, it is alright, nothing to really recommend. Based on the facilities, it loses out to The Grand Hyatt. Service wise, it is mediocre. Therapist is ok.

No comments: