Tuesday, February 21, 2006

St. Gregory Spa - Novena Square

I mentioned before that I usually go to a spa on my birthday for a massage treatment. I kinda broke tradition this year. I still went to a spa, but surprise surprise, I didn't get a massage. No sirree. I just went there to chill by the rooftop pool. Plus I already had a massage the previous day at Elements.

That was the 1st time I used the facilities at St. Gregory Therapeutic Spa. I usually go to the one at Plaza Hotel along Beach Road. There are different themes to the St. Gregory Spa at the various outlets. At Plaza Hotel, it is St. Gregory Javanese Spa, so the treatments are geared towards the Balinese/Indonesian treatments like mandi lulur, hair creme spa, boreh scrub etc.

At St. Gregory Therapeutic Spa, I find it has more Tui Na and Cupping massages, plus the signature Japanese hot tub. The place is huge, it is like a maze with the numerous doors and walkways. I was led to the ladies changing room. In that area, there were the shower area, restroom area, sauna, steambath, and mini changing cubicles before it led out to the rooftop swimming pool.


Swimming pool

I love the view from the swimming pool. One can see the skyscrapers and the sky too. The pool itself is quite shallow at only 1.2m deep. There is a jacuzzi at a side too (too bad I couldn't find the button to turn it on :( ). At one end of the pool, there is lounger of sort to lie in the water and relax. Pretty cool. Besides the sun loungers, there are 2 mini hammocks to sit and rest your feet and the sway where the breeze takes you.

Mini hammocks

I spent about 3 hours there, mostly lazing on the mini hammock and reading my book. Took a dip in the freezing cold water, rested a bit on the lounger in the water before tanning myself on the sun lounger. Went back to the ladies locker room and nipped into the oxygen lounge (yes, you read it right. Oxygen lounge). The oxygen lounge has oxygen pumped into the room with a machine. Oxygen is said to be good for the skin, make it fairer and purer, etc. There are magazines provided to browse through, and tea/coffee/water and crackers are also provided.

Oxygen Lounge

Everything is provided at the spa; cleanser, toner, moisturizer and body lotion are available in the dressing area. I like that there is even a dryer to spin the moisture from the swimwear. I would love to go back there again :)

3 comments:

monochromatix said...

Wow! You don't stop, do you ;)

I wish I had the motivation :p not to mention the money, keke.

carolyn said...

Hahaha. That was free, courtesy of my credit card privileges ;p

monochromatix said...

*sigh* Maybe I should try out a spa while I'm in s'pore :p

How much would it be for a nice massage? I'm not thinking anything fancy, just something simple and theraputic :D