Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spa Esprit, Holland Village (May 2004)

SPA REVIEW

I have heard so much about Spa Esprit and have wanted to try their services for some time but just never got around to doing it. Main reason is the location, it's not very convenient for me to travel to Holland Village.

I went there a couple of weeks ago and tried their new item, Mud Stones Massage. It is essentially a hot stones massage coupled with the detoxifying mud treatment.

They have renovated the premises, and it is painted blue. I didn't like the colour, it is not a soothing sky blue or marine sea water blue. It just looks like a tired blue. It is located on the 2nd and 3rd level of a shophouse. Once you entered, you are greeted with the scent of essential oils burning. Pepperminty fresh.

At the reception, I was served a cup of cold honey lemon tea. Very refreshing, I like that. While the room was being prepared, I was ushered into a bigger waiting lounge. I was asked to select my own blend of essential oils. That was a nice touch. There were more than 10 blends available. As I was wavering between the blend containing the grapefruit and the other containing geranium (relaxing), the staff kindly offered to add geranium to the grapefruit blend (detoxifying, I believe).

I was then shown into the treatment room. It is very dimly lit. After changing out of my clothes and putting on the paper g-string, I lie face down on the massage bed. The therapist came in shortly.
She started with massaging my back using mud. The strength is good, however she has rough thumb and fingers. So the experience was not very good as you can feel the roughness when she massaged the neck and other sensitive areas. That is the only gripe I have with the treatment.

She spent quite some time massaging with the mud, and I was waiting for the hot stones. The stones were nicely warm and not burning hot. Overall, the treatment was quite alright.

After the treatment, I was ushered back into the bathroom, which is located at the end of the hall. The bathroom area is pretty small. Part of the area has been converted into a desert garden, with stones and small palms. I like that it has a the heavenly rain shower head. That was great for showering and feeling the tension melts away.

I went back to the treatment room to change back into my clothes after the shower. The lights were too dim that I had a hard time putting my jewelry back on. At the reception, I was given ginger tea. Very nice.

I like the services provided by the staff. They are not very pushy in getting you to sign packages though they do inform you of whatever promotions they currently have.

No comments: