Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tim Tam Balls

I became a huge fan of Arnott's Tim Tam biscuits after I discovered the thrill of doing a "Tim Tam Slam". This is an utterly sinful pastime.

Basically, a tim tam slam involves a tim tam biscuit and a beverage of your choice. Personally I prefer it with warm milo. You nibble off 2 corners (diagonally) of the tim tam biscuit (dark chocolate for me) and the use the biscuit as a straw. You dip 1 end of the nibbled-off biscuit into the beverage (warm milo - my choice) and then try to suck up the liquid with the other nibbled-off corner. Once you got the liquid into your mouth, you will slam the entire biscuit into your mouth...thus the "Tim Tam Slam" This is fantastic for a chocolate fix. The warm gooey texture and sweetness of the tim tam with milo is sure to put one in heaven.

Caution: This is not a lady-like sports at all. Lol.

I have tried it with cold milk and coffee, but somehow only milo provides the kick. Maybe it is a double whammy of chocolate dosage. Obviously one cannot indulge in this habit all the time :p

I love the Candy Empire at Millenia Walk. It just carries so many varieties of chocolates, candies and cookies from Australia and Europe. Besides the run of the mill Tim Tams, it also has Tia Maria, Caramel, some chocolate fudge thing and other types of Tim Tams. I saw the Tim Tam Balls there, but refrained from buying any on my last visit there last Sunday. I am trying to stay away from sweets, but alas they keep calling my name. It doesn't help that with my birthday coming up and all the CNY dinners, I am still eating sweets :(

A lovely friend dropped by my place on Thursday to give me a box of Tim Tam Balls. She just returned from a trip to Australia, and she knows how much I love chocolates and probably Tim Tams too, hence the gift :) Thank you.

I finally succumb to opening it today and had some. The little balls are tiny and oh so easy to just pop them into the mouth. Nice.

Read the box: Kiss them, crunch them...nibble them...juggle them...suck them...ooh la la.

1 comment:

celest said...

hahaha.. tim tam slam sounds like a must-try. can't really picture you sucking the chocolate "juice" from the tim tams though.. hahaha.