Friday, February 10, 2006

Brazil Churrascaria - 9 Feb 2006

I have been wanting to try the food at Brazil Churrascaria but the location is a bit inconvenient for me as it is in the Bukit Timah area (read = far from me). There are many nice restaurants along that stretch now but I guess those other eateries will have to wait till there are special occasions or if someone else is driving me there :p

I finally went to Brazil Churrascaria with Sheryn to celebrate my birthday (early celebration). It is definitely not what I had expected. The place is much bigger than thought as it can actually accommodate many tables (yet it is full house every night; reservations is a must). The menu is simple: full dinner (salad bar and BBQ meat) or light dinner (salad bar only). Of course we had the full dinner as the whole point of going there was to try the bbq meat - all you can eat.

The salad bar is round and holds many items from sauteed eggplants, steamed corn, tomatoes, broccoli, potato salad, egg salad, pasta to couscous, beans, cauliflower, spinach etc. Passadors (servers with skewers of meat) will walk from table to table, offering diners slices of the bbq meat. The staff is attentive and will top up the water glass without being prompted, likewise with the meat.

BBQ meat include lamb, fish (my fave as it is tangy and refreshing), beef (many cuts - topside, rump, hump, errr...can't remember the rest), chicken (thigh, breast, heart, liver) and pork (ham, sausage). I only tried the fish, chicken thigh and breast, garlic steak, and some beef (very thinly sliced). Oh right, there was also bbq (?) pineapple, it was cooked and very sweet. For a non-pineapple person, it sure tasted good.

I had a caipirinha with lime and it was absolutely yummy. Strong and sweet. I like it :)

The best part of the night was when the staff came out with a birthday cake and burst into song - Happy Birthday in Portuguese. I didn't expect that at all. Thank you Sheryn for arranging that :) Excellent chocolate cake, not too sweet, dark - the way I like it - topped with strawberry and the sour fruit thing (can't remember the proper name now).

Brazil Churrascaria is definitely a place to visit again and again, but only when you have an empty stomach. Hehe.




Location:
14/16 Sixth Avenue Singapore 276476
Tel: +65 6463 1923
Monday to Sunday: 6pm - 1030pm

No comments: