Thursday, December 06, 2007

Blue Roses


I do adore flowers though I am not one to keep flowers in the house. Living at JH's place, she has flowers all the time, especially since her bf works at a flower auction company and he will give her flowers which are meant to be dumped (as in not sold and thus left to the bin). How useful :p
But it does give flowers a new life, to be appreciated by people who love flowers, instead of being left to languish and die a slow death.

One day he surprised her with blue flowers. So pretty. I have always love blue roses. I am not sure if it is a natural phenomenon or they have been dyed. What amazed me was the way it dried naturally.

I know in Singapore, if I want to keep my roses, I have to hang them upside down. They will just die if left in a vase. But over here, it just dried in the vase. So cool.
I still prefer to admire flowers in its natural environment i.e. park or garden, especially tulip fields. But for cut flowers, I do like roses and gerberas and daisies. I think they can keep well in vases and they are pretty too :)

No comments: