Monday, December 31, 2007

Collect or Trash?

MAC is releasing its Originals Collection soon (already out in North America) and I am wondering if I should get Parrot. Parrot is so hyped up that people are just getting it because of it. So here I am, contemplating if I should join in.

I missed out on Parrot several times already. Initially because I was not so makeup crazed. Then when it was released as part of the palette (2 in fact), I never got the palettes since I didn't feel it justify buying the whole thing for just 1 color.

I have a few Parrot dupes or "sisters", and frankly I very rarely use it at all. It is not a color one will use daily - bright eye popping shimmery turquoise.

Browsing MAC website and Spectra, looking at the MAC pigments, I can safely say I am over collecting MAC pigments just for the sake of having them. I hardly use my pigments too, except for a few. Provence is still my favorite pigment for a wash on lid or as highlight. The rest is just nice to have.

So I am going back to just buying cosmetics because I like the colors on me, not because they are a "must-have". I am getting pretty good at it now. I have stopped buying from Paul & Joe, except for my staple loose powder. Stila and MAC collections will still entice me, but I know how to say no. It helps to have good regular SAs who will not make you feel guilty for not buying.

No comments: