Sunday, December 23, 2007

Red Lipstick

There is something so sexy and confident and decadent about wearing red lipstick. Recently I fell back in love with red lipstick but I have yet to find one which suits me. It is just so hard to trawl through the different red lipsticks available in the market and get one which is perfect.
The interest in red lipstick is re-kindled again when Estee Lauder launched the new ad campaign for its new Signature Hydra Lustre lipstick range. The image (above) depicts a sensual, smoldering look with the red lipstick as the focal point. It also has a "touch me not" feel to it and just exudes a confident yet sexy feel to it. A very successful ad, I must admit.
So there I was, and I decided to try the lipstick - Rich Red (as seen in pic). It was intensely red. Rich and creamy. I tried it on my lips and instantly I felt transformed. Suddenly my ruby red lips are the attraction, everything else just disappeared. It took me a while to get used to seeing the red lips and then you just feel "like a woman". Hahahaha.
What I like about the new lipstick range is that it is very moisturizing and has a shine to it. Not overly glossly and not matte at all. Hence, there was no feathering effect. But a lipliner is advised so that it will look more polished.
My new favorite lipstick - Rich Red. I have not worn lipstick in close to 10 years now. Lipgloss and balm were always my staples. And the best thing is that I am not allergic to it. My last red lipstick was way back in 1994 when I wore Cover Girl Really Red lipstick.

No comments: