Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sephora History

Call me anal, but I do like to get my facts right or as correct as possible. It is just a process of learning.

When people mentioned Sephora, USA comes to mind. It is not surprising as Sephora is currently the leading retailer of perfumes and cosmetics in the United States and the second largest in Europe. If you go to Sephora.com, you can find over 250 brands across a broad range of product categories including skincare, color, fragrance, makeup, bath & body, and haircare, in addition to Sephora's own private label.

However Sephora is not an American brand, instead it started from France way back in 1969 and was bought over by the LVMH group in 1997.

The first Sephora store opened in New York in 1998 and the very first Sephora store in Canada opened in Toronto in 2004.

So that is why I have never seen Sephora when I used to live in Canada. It was before my time. Right now there are over 91 stores in America and around 515 stores in 14 countries worldwide, and they are still expanding rapidly.

I am waiting for the day Sephora.com will accept international credit card so that people living in other countries where there is no Sephora can purchase the products. Plus the website definitely carries more items than in the actual stores.

For more information, check out: Sephora - About Us.

No comments: