Friday, December 14, 2007

Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmerbrick


I want! I actually didn't think much of the colors as they looked a bit neutral and brown for me. I'm very much a pink girl . I love Rose, Peony (I managed to get it at the cosmetics group store at the outlet!) and Gold. I didn't really like Pink, Bronze, Beige or Apricot.

So I never bother looking out for Bobbi Brown when I was in Nordstrom or Macy's. Until a gf asked me to help her get the Pink Quartz shimmerbrick as it was all sold out in Singapore. Yes, we go dotty over cosmetics in Singapore. Items do get sold out within a few days of being launched, especially when it is limited edition or new collection.

Funny thing is I never saw Bobbi Brown in the usual departmental stores in Vancouver. Nope, not found in The Bay or Sears. Quite pathetic selection of departmental stores in Canada. I did a google and finally found a Bobbi Brown counter in Vancouver. How sad is that? Only ONE counter in Vancouver and it is in Holt Renfrew, the upscale departmental stores with all the designers' clothing lines. In Singapore, the tiny dot, there are at least 3 or 4 counters. And yes with that "many" counters, items still get sold out. Consumerism never dies out in Singapore - shopping is the national hobby, right next to eating :p

So yeah, I went to the counter in Holt Renfrew and managed to buy 1 Pink Quartz Shimmerbrick for my gf. The MA tested it on my cheeks and I love it! It gives a light glow to the face and is indeed a rose-gold effect. It is not meant to be a blush like you can do with Rose and Peony. It is softer and healthier than Gold, with its rosy-gold effect. I love the case too, the rose-gold is just too pretty! I tried the individual colors as they can also be used as eyeshadows, but that didn't work too well on me.

However, it is going at C$49+13% tax. That is such daylight robbery considering it is only US$38. And I found out it is either S$66 or S$70 in Singapore. So nope, I didn't shell out for that. Who knows, maybe I may be able to get it in the future. I'm glad I'm not a collector cos I would definitely pay for it if I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:D
cross your fingers ! :D