Saturday, December 08, 2007

Tomato Rice

I didn't take a picture of the tomato rice as it belongs in the "edible but unpresentable" category :p I was basically trying to clear the items in the fridge and had to improvise with what was available.

What can I make with these:
tomato pasta sauce with mushrooms
rice
chinese cabbage
onion
red pepper

I didn't particularly want to make pasta and I need to use up the cooked rice. I didn't really want fried rice or more porridge, so I thought to make the pasta sauce but over rice instead of pasta.

What I did:
Melt butter, fry sliced onions in pan. Then add red pepper and chinese cabbage. Sprinkle with basil garlic seasoning and freshly ground pepper.

Add rice to the pan and fry ala fried rice. Then add the tomato mushroom sauce and mix them all together. Cover so the steam can soften and cook the chinese cabbage and red pepper.

Serve with baked chicken strip.

It actually tasted not bad. Similar to those stuffed pepper or eggplant thing or risotto. Except it would be better if I actually have ground beef and not add the chinese cabbage. Wrong mix.

So next time :)

No comments: