Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Awesome 2008

It is the new year. 2008. My new maxim for 2008 is for it to be awesome. I do not know how but I know it is going to be. I just have to trust in God that He will make it so.

Even though 2007 has not been smooth sailing for me, somehow I didn't feel it was that bad. 2007 is the year where I learnt and experienced a lot. Maybe I am getting older and feeling more assured. After all, I have hit the big 3-0. Suddenly what seemed important in your teens and 20s do not matter so much after all. There is the bigger picture you see, a calm in your life.

I ushered in 2007 with male strippers (yes, you read it right :p) at a friend's house party. Females only. Then it was filled with the usual flus, colds, sprained ankle, office politics, impossible clients, stressful deadlines, work pressure, relationships confusion, joy, laughter, friendships, etc.

Then the unthinkable - taking an extended break. On a sabbatical. Re-think about life and what is important. What have I lose track of while joining the others in the rat race (not that I am always in there) or being on the non-stop quest for the "next big thing".

That was a relevation. So while I do not know what 2008 will bring for me. One thing I know, it is going to be awesome because I am going to hand it all in His hands, come what may.

So I ended 2007 with a bang. Literally! Fireworks! I went to Clarke Quay with SC. Dinner at Tom Ton in Central as Cafe Iguana (my fave restaurant) was full house. Pretty good tonkatsu. Then the countdown at the main arena. We decided to do the countdown there since the line for The Pump Room was very long.

So yes, I actually went out, squeezing in with other strangers, bringing in 2008. I have not done that in many years now. It was always staying home or house parties.

Clarke Quay is still very bad for getting a taxi. Long snaking lines even at 3am at the taxi stand. I think I will still stick to my Orchard Road in future :)

Have an AWESOME 2008, everyone!

No comments: