Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks

My humble Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Collection. This probably attests to the fact that I still only do purchase makeup items which I will use, and not collect blindly ;p

Close: Rose (my very first SB), Gold, Pink Quartz and Peony

Aren't the shimmerbricks pretty? Besides the primary function as a highlighter, they can be used as a blush or eyeshadow. Somehow shades such as Brownie, Beige, Apricot, Bronze, Pink, Sandstone, Tawny, etc didn't seem to attract me. I am still a "pink flush" girl at heart.

Rose is really lovely, giving a slight rosy cheeks with no fear of looking like a clown. Peony is gorgeous, but it needs to be apply with a light hand as it is very bright. Gold is such a subtle elegant highlighter giving a glow to the face, particularly for dinner dates or functions. Or it can be used for outdoor events.

My latest acquisition is Pink Quartz, another darling. It combines the best of Rose and Gold, giving a soft rose-gold shimmery highlight on the face. Simply stunning. It goes very well with Peony too.

No comments: