Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wedding Venues

Maybe I am quite "lucky" that several of my good friends are still single and so yes, I don't feel the pressure to marry either. There was a period when a flurry of my churchmates got married in the 2001-2003 period, and then the occasional weddings of colleagues.

I was talking to someone about wedding venues and so decided to make a list of places I went to before (also the reason for the previous post which was a side-track from my google search on banquet prices). I seriously think it is a good practice for hotels to actually list down the prices (or provide a range) so that potential couples can have a better idea rather than having them go to the hotel and being stunned by the cost or being hounded in some cases by the salespersons. And guests who do not wish the couple to go into debt could also make better judgement on the actual cost.

Wedding Dinner/Lunch Venues:
Orchid Country Club
Raffles Town Club
Grand Hyatt
Orchard Hotel - Club Chinois
RELC
Shangri-La (a few times)
The Regent
Hilton
Merchant Court
Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant
Conrad Centennial (twice)
Plaza Hotel
Suntec Convention
Meritus Mandarin (twice)
Sheraton

Plus several church receptions which were catered.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i remember there was an excel spreadsheet in an email that i received once.

the spreadsheet has how to much angpow to give depending on where the dinner is held! haha..

carolyn said...

That will be very useful indeed! Everyone should have that. Lol.