Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ajisen Ramen - Plaza Singapura

I have not been to Ajisen Ramen at Plaza Singapura for quite some time and it has renovated. Bigger and brighter with more booths for privacy. I like it.

Davis and I went early, to beat the office lunch crowd. At times like this, I love not working at all :p I ordered the paiku (pork ribs) ramen with the fried chicken as side dish while Davis had the Tom Toro ramen with some prawns thing and a side of the egg.


The paiku was crispy (except where the bottom had turned soggy due to the soup) with very strong garlicky smell and bits. Salty and flavorful, pork ribs lover would like this. I felt the meat was a bit tough as it was not those which slid off the bones, so definitely not a first date dish or any dates :p It is not a dish for the dainty eater. All I can say is thank God I had the fried chicken cos it was so hard to get to the meat of the ribs. The egg was also a bit too salty for my liking.

I think I will stick to my volcano ramen in future - the tried and tested. Plus I like it spicy.

Davis had this - Tom Toro Ramen with additional topping of egg. She felt the slices were too thin. She prefers her usual cha shu miso ramen which she felt is more tender.

Our side dishes - fried chicken and fried prawns (Ebi Kakiage). I think the chicken pieces have shrunk.

For more information: Ajisen Singapore

No comments: