Monday, January 14, 2008

Nails Again!

Current toenail (left) after the nail came off, the other one (right) looks like it might break too. See the ridge?

A closer view of the left toenail and the ridge. No warning that it is broken or anything.

The right feet has the same problem - see the ridges on the 2 toenails.

The broken off toenail.
A side view of the broken off toenail.

I am really frustrated with the state of my toenails. I still think the nail salon, Wicked, is to blame for the bad state of my nails. The weakened nails.

I noticed the ridges on 4 of my toenails (2 on each foot) a few weeks ago, and was a bit concerned. But since it didn't look like it was torn, like previously (where it was 1 on each foot), I decided to leave it alone and pray for the best.

Today, without any warning, part of the nail came off on my 4th toe on my left foot. Lucikly there was no pain nor bleeding. So what can I do to restore my toenails? To make it strong again, and without the ridges?

My last visit to Wicked, the nail technician only did 1 coat for my pedicure. I would have thought 2 coats were the norm. I thoroughly do not recommend Wicked at all. Even though my package is for a spa pedicure, it seemed like just a normal usual pedicure in other places. In instances like this, I would rather pay a higher price for better trained nail technicians at Snails or Daisy Cottage.

I wish I can quickly finish my package soon. Sigh. Still another 3 sessions to go.

2 comments:

imp said...

oh dear. this looks so bad.

it might also be that your nails have been thinned out by the varnish if you always keep your toenails painted.

do you use a protective layer as a base coat? like Nail Tek?

or take calcium pills?

carolyn said...

The nails might have weakened. I have been using NailTek Foundation II as base coat since 2003 when another nail technician recommended it. And I also use Seche DryFast Topcoat after the nail varnish.

I know the best way is actually not to have any polish at all, but it is torture to go "bare" after having varnish for so long now.

Have not tried calcium pills, I will check that out. Thanks :)