Monday, January 21, 2008

Spinelli - Toasted Hazelnut Chocolate Latte


I craved for some peace and quiet and just have a chill-out day. Borders was out as it was crowded with people, and it was a Monday afternoon! Aren't people working at all now? It seemed like the downtown street was packed with people at all hours and days now.

So I walked all the way up to Forum Shopping Center and decided on Spinelli. Also because Iwas craving for the chocolate rhumba cake thing. Alas, there was no chocolate rhumba, only chocolate truffle. So in the end, I settled for the Ebony and Ivory Cheesecake with the festive specialty drink - Toasted Hazelnut Chocolate Latte.

The Ebony and Ivory Cheesecake was not too bad. The top part is a light chocolate mousse with mini marshmallows and the bottom part is the regular cheesecake with graham crust. The coffee was pretty nice with bits of toasted crushed hazelnuts sprinkled on top.

However, I think since I have kinda cut off sugar from my diet now, I felt kinda sick after consuming the cake and coffee :( The feeling you get when you overdosed on sugar, these 2 items are not even particularly super sweet.

No comments: