Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Toast Box

I am pretty amazed with myself. I have been to Toast Box three times since I came back from Canada. I mean, I have always seen it around just that I hardly ever dine there.

It is under the Breadtalk group and besides the usual kaya toast with half boiled eggs and coffee/tea, they also served mee siam, mee tai mak laksa, nasi lemak and other baked goods and toast.

So far I have tried the mee siam and mee tai mak laksa and kaya toast. The coffee is pretty much hit and miss, depending on outlets and the person brewing it, I guess. The best coffee I had so far was at the Vivocity outlet. It gave the right caffeine jolt to the body.


I finally tried the thick toast with peanut butter at Plaza Singapura outlet. It was pretty good. A thin spread of crunchy peanut butter on toasted bread. I wish the squares were cut smaller, it is pretty hard to pop the whole thing into the mouth. The coffee was too bitter, tasted a bit burnt for me.

This brought back memories of trying the otah thick toast when it opened at Food Republic, Wisma Atria. That was the one and only time I had it, can't remember if it was good or just ok. Probably just ok since I never had it since. Haha.

No comments: