Sunday, January 20, 2008

Milo Beverage - My One Indulgence

I really really love Milo. It is the one beverage I will crave for, more so than coffee or tea or alcohol. I'm not an alkie at all. Lol.



Pic from Google

Imagine my shock when I first moved to Canada and bought the tin of Milo and realizing it tasted different. That was when I realize Milo is produced in many different countries and actually tasted different. The one I bought in Canada was made in Jamaica and did not have the nice smooth chocolatey taste. I can't remember what it tasted like now, since it was like almost 15 years ago.


Milo is first produced in Australia, under Nestle. It is a chocolate malt drink and is extremely good when mixed with milk. I prefer it with milk rather than just water. I find the milk gives a richness and creaminess to the beverage.


Nowadays, I am more inclined to use the 3-in-1 sachet and add a bit of hot water before topping up with cold milk. In coffeeshops, they tend to add condensed milk before the hot water, thus giving a sugar rush. Yummy!


And yes, when I travel for long trips, I will also bring along my 3-in-1 Milo sachets. Hahaha. Especially when to places where I know there is no Milo or if it tastes different from those made in Asia.


Good news is that the Asian version of Milo is now available at T&T supermarkets in Vancouver, Canada. So I don't need to lug my Milo with me when I go back again. The Nescafe 3-in-1 Rich sachets are also available there, but at a higher price of course.


Globalization, indeed :)

No comments: