Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bookswap, Anyone?

I guess one of my resolutions (and I so hardly ever make them) is to de-clutter my room. Identifying certain areas, I would want to have less of the followings:
  • Books
  • Clothes
  • Bags
  • Shoes
  • Makeup

Already, I don't seem to need to buy or spend more now. Maybe being in Canada has made me realized I can survive on that number of clothes. I missed my stash of makeup when I was there (even though I brought along a traincase full) but I could still pare it down to items that I will use more often. Actually those items which I hardly use are from other swaps. Lol.

Books
I try not to buy books as I know I would face this problem. No place to store them after a while. But after several years of random buying, the books have started to accummulate again. I had to give away lots when moving to Singapore from Canada 9 years ago. I usually try to rent books but sometimes I just had to buy as either they are not available at the rental bookstore or I was at the airport departure hall.

Carolyn's bookshelf (alphabetical order by last name):

  • Frank W. Abagnale - Catch Me If You Can
  • Theresa Alan - Who You Know
  • Sherry Argov - Why Men Love Bitches
  • Sherry Argov - Why Men Marry Bitches
  • Leanne Banks - Footloose
  • Jo Barrett - The Men's Guide to the Women's Bathroom
  • Judy Brown - She's So Funny
  • Francesca Castagnoli - Princess
  • Cindy Chupack - The Between Boyfriends Book
  • Catherine Coulter - The Courtship
  • Catherine Coulter - Mad Jack
  • Catherine Coulter - The Deception
  • Barbara Delinsky - The Passions of Chelsea Kane
  • Susan Donovan - The Kept Woman
  • Peter Dorney - Chinese Takeaway
  • Johanna Edwards - The Next Big Thing
  • Helen Fielding - Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
  • Kathryn Finney - How to be a Budget Fashionista
  • Susan Jane Gilman - Kiss My Tiara
  • John Grisham - The Rainmaker
  • Jane Green - Life Swap
  • Jane Green - Straight Talking
  • **Kim Gruenenfelder - A Total Waste of Make-up
  • **Mireille Guiliano - French Women Don't Get Fat
  • Candy Halliday - Your Bed or Mine?
  • Lori Herter - Listen Up, Lover
  • Elizabeth Hilts - Getting In Touch with your Inner Bitch
  • Elizabeth Hilts - The Bitch in the Bedroom
  • Liz Ireland - Three Bedrooms in Chelsea
  • Alison James - The 10 Women You'll Be Before You're 35
  • **Shirley Jump - The Angel Craved Lobster
  • **Shirley Jump - The Bachelor Preferred Pastry
  • **Shirley Jump - The Bride Wore Chocolate
  • **Shirley Jump - The Devil Served Tortellini
  • Marian Keyes - Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married
  • Marian Keyes - Sushi for Beginners
  • **Sophie Kinsella - The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic /Confessions of a Shopaholic
  • **Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic Abroad / Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
  • **Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic Ties the Knot
  • **Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic & Sister
  • **Sophie Kinsella - Shopahohic & Baby
  • **Sophie Kinsella - Can You Keep a Secret?
  • **Sophie Kinsella - The Undomestic Goddess
  • Nicholas Koh - My Bowl of Hae Bee Hiam Rice
  • Tim LaHaye - Why You Act the Way You Do
  • Cara Lockwood - I Did (But I Wouldn't Now)
  • Kimberly Llewellyn - Tulle Little, Tulle Late
  • Kimberly Llewellyn - The Quest for the Holy Veil
  • Julia Llewellyn - Amy's Honeymoon
  • Julia London - The Perils of Pursuing a Prince
  • Julia London - The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount
  • Julia London - The Hazards of Hunting a Duke
  • Whitney Lyles - Always the Bridesmaid
  • Clare Nayler - Catching Alice
  • Clare Nayler - Love, A User's Guide
  • Clare Nayler - Dog Handling
  • Judith McNaught - Until You
  • Judith McNaught - Whitney, My Love
  • Elda Minger - The Dare
  • Nisha Minhas - Chappatti or Chips?
  • Alexandra Potter - Be Careful What You Wish For
  • Amanda Quick - Mischief
  • Amanda Quick - With This Ring
  • Amanda Quick - I Thee Wed
  • Julia Quinn - The Viscount Who Loved Me
  • Julia Quinn - The Duke and I
  • Julia Quinn - The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Akzaban
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • **J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • Brenda Scott Royce - Monkey Love
  • Anne Thomas Soffee - Snake Hips
  • Kelley St. John - Real Women Don't Wear Size 2
  • Darri Stephens & Megan DeSales - Spooning
  • Sarah Strohmeyer - The Cinderella Pact
  • Amy Tan - The Hundred Secret Senses
  • Denyse Tessensohn - Elvis Lived in Katong: Personal Singapore Eurasiana
  • J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
  • J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  • J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  • J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • Lauren Weisberger - Everyone Worth Knowing
  • **Lauren Weisberger - The Devil Wears Prada

Anthology Books:

  • American About Town (Jennifer Weiner, Lauren Weisberger, Adriana Trigiani)
  • **Secrets of a Perfect Night (Stephanie Laurens, Victoria Alexander, Rachel Gibson)
  • **21st Century Goddess (Jessica Adams, Jelena Glisic, Anthea Paul)
  • **Lady Whistledown Strikes Back (Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins, Mia Ryan)
  • **The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown (Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins, Mia Ryan)
  • Playing with Matches (Katherine Greyle, Karen Harbaugh, Sabeeha Johnson, Cathy Yardley)
  • Girls' Night Out; Boys' Night In (Jessica Adams, Chris Manby, Fiona Walker)
  • **The Lipstick Chronicles book one (Kathryn Shay, Fiona Kelly, Vivian Leiber, Lynn Emery)
  • **The Lipstick Chronicles book two (Emily Carmichael, Kathryn Shay, Vivian Leiber)

That is all for now (for chicklit and general fiction), plus the other numerous books on other subject matters. Quite an eclectic selection I have :p

**denotes books I would like to keep

No comments: