Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Potluck of 2008

I had the girls over last weekend for a belated Christmas and pre-CNY celebration thingy. Actually, we don't really need an excuse to have potluck or gathering. Hahahaha.

Unfortunately not everyone could make it on that day itself due to varying reasons, so there were only 4 of us with a whole lot of food.

It was to be no-fuss, simple food which can either be bought or made. After all, it was the company which mattered, not really the food ;p

I made my usual casserole but I tweaked it again. Cheesy spicy tuna noodle casserole. Not too spicy this time round and way more cheesier and creamier too. Feedback from family (who had the leftovers :p) said they preferred this version. Not so sure what the girls thought. Hahahaha. Personally I thought it was a bit too creamy/wet when served. Maybe it was too soon and the liquid had not been totally absorbed by the noodles.

Livia bought the traditional teochew kuehs and tau kwa paus from East Coast. So yummilicious! I love the tau kwa paus (stuffed bean curds) and ku chai kueh (chives dumplings).

Sherie and Celest brought desserts. Sherie baked Grand Marnier orange muffins with chocolate chips and cranberries. Those were very nice - I loved the huge chocolate chunks inside. Celest brought her chocolate fondue set with fresh fruits - banana, dragonfruits, grapes, marshmallows and pretzel sticks. No pic of the muffins cos Sherie kept saying they looked horrible though I thought they were fine :)

It was really a lovely way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. Just catching up and eating and then going through my makeup stash which I bought from the States :p

Till the next get-together :)

No comments: