Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dying Young

It is always tragic when death is unexpected, especially when the dead is of a young age. A gf informed me of Heath Ledger's death this morning (news spread fast with the Internet) and that was so totally unexpected. It is reminiscence of so many other "stars" who died before their time. River Phoenix, Brandon Lee, Anna Nicole Smith...........

While his death did not stun me as did Princess Diana's, it was still nevertheless a shocker. And just a week before that, Brad Renfro (best known for acting in The Client) also passed away. Then there is report of AP already preparing the obituary for Britney Spears, what with all the papparzzi tailing her every movements and high-speed car chases.

Closer to home would be the unexpected death of a school mate when I was 12. I still remembered the form teacher making the announcement to the class and her breaking down following that. While I did not know him well, I knew of him through the Young Scientist thing. He was knocked down by a bus or car while jaywalking and flung a distance away. And that was the first time I attended a funeral (discounting my grandmother's since I was too young to remember much of that) which I can still recall.

So I guess one should always constantly remember to cherish their loved ones and not have any regrets. Maybe it is always a good idea not to leave the house in anger, or to go to sleep with a heavy/angry heart.

C'est la vie and carpe diem! (yes, I know those are 2 different languages but it fits)

No comments: