Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Girls Night Out - Part III (Bak Kut Teh)

So we were hungry and we decided to have Bak Kut Teh. Originally I thought we would go somewhere nearby i.e. near Robertson Quay, maybe at Mohamed Sultan or something. Tanny suggested this place somewhere along Outram or something. It is where Isetan Office is, I totally forgot the name of this place. Look at our feast. 2 portions of the BKT, salted vegetables, braised taupok, liver soup and braised peanuts with fried dough stick fritters. This was actually for 4 of us, Agnes had left by then. But since it was near Celest's place, she came over to join us. She ordered another portion of the BKT to add on to the other stuff.

This was more peppery and less herbal. I don't really have much preference. I usually just have the soup, fritters, tau pok, salted vegs and peanuts with rice. I don't really take the meat at all. Hahahaha. I love BKT cos they will refill the soup. So yummy.

I didn't really like the place though. As it was right in a housing estate, we were considered quite "dressed up" since we came in from Robertson Quay. The clientele mostly wore shorts and tees or jeans. Very casual wear. We were togged up in dresses or dressier tops with jeans. Quite a contrast and basically everyone stared at us when we entered.

No comments: