Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pasta Cafe

I have not been to Pasta Cafe at Taka Basement 2 for like a couple of years and there were a few changes. It looked renovated and not as homely as I remembered. The menu has expanded and changed slightly too. I decided to get a set thing where I got to choose my appetizer and 2 small portions of entrees. I selected the slipper lobster (aka crayfish according to the waitress) salad. That was surprisingly pretty good.


My entrees - seafood pasta in cream sauce and baked grilled chicken on penne.
This was disappointing. Chicken was tough and pasta was a bit tasteless. I needed to add tabasco sauce to make it palatable. I didn't finish it.
This was even worse. Seafood was not very fresh. Cream sauce too watery. Not nice at all. Again, unfinished.
Apple aloe vera blended drink. Another disappointment. It was too fibrous to drink. So overall only the salad was enjoyable.

I doubt I will go back to Pasta Cafe anytime soon.

No comments: