Friday, June 27, 2008

SATC Movie Book

Sex and the City, Mr Big, Carrie. The apartment. The movie. New York City. Love. Labels. Bags, shoes, clothes. Eiffel Tower bag by Timmy Woods is retailing for US$3000 with crystals and US$450 without crystals.
I love love love Sex and the City the series and the movie. I just find it is so relevant and the topics are pretty timeless. I finally bought the SATC movie book, so now I have the soundtrack and the book. I rarely buy movie book as nothing really moved me that much :p (But I do have the Four Weddings and A Funeral movie script book thing which I bought so many years ago when in Canada)
The back of the book. I bought mine at Kinokuniya, too bad the freebie of SATC lipstick case was all gone by then :( Here are some of my fave pictures from the book.
I totally dig the vintage white dress with the flower corsage on the shoulder worn by Carrie. ASOS actually has a look-alike dress too, for only US$82.19 :p But it is just not the same. Everyone is into the Dior Gladiator shoes too.
The wedding dresses worn for the Vogue photo shoot. Left is Christian Dior. I like the pensive look, staring out at the window. It is so Victorian. Right is Oscar De La Renta. I think I like the chandelier. Hahaha. I like the simple hairstyle, very flamenco and tango looking.

The very reason to watch SATC - Mr Big (Chris Noth) and Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker). Mr Big is still amazingly hot! (for a 50+ yrs old guy) Hahaha.
See, Mr Big knows precisely how to get into a woman's heart. Give her a really big closet. Michael Patrick King certainly got it right. He made the theatre went "WOW" when the closet was shown. I watched the show twice and both times you could hear the amazement of the audience.

Amazed look on Carrie and of course the girls and probably some men would notice that she is carrying a gorgeous Hermes green lizard birkin in 25cm (vert anis). Trivia from the book - the Hermes bag was on loan and had to be returned ASAP once shoot was over for the day. She is wearing Bitten pants which is SJP's own clothing line.
The end of the book and also movie. Four girls and a guy. To have friendship to last through is certainly very fortunate to have. Good friends are precious. I love my girlfriends! One last trivia - the outfit by "no one" is designed by Christian Dior (circa 2008) for the Cruise Collection RRP US$6000 for both skirt and jacket :)

2 comments:

canucksweetie said...

Is there a picture of the short wedding dress she wore at the photo shoot? I'm trying to find out who the designer is!

carolyn said...

Yes, there is a short wedding dress at the photo shoot. It looked like a flapper dress, with its layers. That is by Lanvin. Hope that helps :)