Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Brunch @ Les Amis Cafe

I love to have a leisurely brunch on weekend as there is something so decadent about having the time to do that. To be able to read the morning papers or book while having toast and coffee. Usually I don't have breakfast as it is too rushed to have anything before going to work.

Last Sunday, we headed to the Botanic Gardens to have brunch at Cafe Les Amis which is near the Visitor Centre.
It was tough deciding on what to order. I was tempted by the local congee and the egg benedict. I became a convert to egg benedict after Marmalade Pantry which did it so well. In the end, I decide to get the Western Set which included bacon, sausages, hash brown, eggs (choice of fried or scrambled), grilled tomato, some greens, mini croissant and toast, plus coffee or tea and a choice of orange juice or fresh fruits. Pretty good, eh? And it was only $12 I think.
The toast and mini croissant plus jam and butter. So nice.
Our entire breakfast sets for 2 of us. Looked good. Too much food that we didn't finish them all. I love the orange juice which was freshly squeezed. A nice brunch with nature. You could hear the water gushing down from the man-made waterfalls nearby. There were many dogs too. It is a dog friendly place with area for dogs to drink water.

No comments: