Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bathrooms

I don't know why but I always love bathrooms. I was so excited to discover this website Kohler which specializes in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen has been said to be the heart of the house, as it is where people cook, pouring their love and efforts in preparing food for the family and it is usually where the cook spends the most time in, making breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. And if you really cook, you do spend lots of hours in there. Chopping, grating, slicing, simmering, whipping up a gourmet meal daily. None of these time-savers, frozen food stuff or microwave.

Bathroom is still my favorite place. My sanctuary. It is the place where you can be truly alone, away from people and the hustle bustle of life. It is a place where you can de-stress, washed away the worries of the day or be refreshed. I would love to have a spacious bathroom where you can take a luxury bath and just be alone for an hour or so.

Here are some pictures of bathrooms from Kohler which look so gorgeous and inviting. I want!

Bancroft Suite. So old world. Who actually has such a big bathroom? To even have an armchair in there. This blue works well too, imparting a calmness infused with a bit of dark tones.
Close up of the bathtub


I like this. Minimal and serene but not too stark. The wooden ledge is perfect to light candles or have a glass of wine.
The image outside the window looks painted but if you live in high rise and can have a good view, this would be awesome.
This is so blissful, especially for a resort type of bath. Open concept with view of the beach and sea.
This is so pretty. But the bathtub in the middle of nowhere seemed to cause splashing of water when getting in and out. But it looks real inviting.

I am not so sure about the blue but it reminds me of Greece. All the blue and white.

This is so spacious. A low bath makes it good if you have "visitor" to sit on the ledge ;)

Close up of a whirlpool in the middle of that bathroom suite

Close up of the sink. See how different it is from the usual sink.

This is so cool! So resort-like.

This is more traditional with the warm wood and dark green tone. More suitable for men, probably.

I like this too. Simple yet warm. Though I wonder if the wood will rot over time?

I like this too! Looks like those you will get in hotel. I like the separation of the bath tub with the sink too. This is quite minimalist too. Again, wonder about the water splashing out.

I like the screen. Looks so minimalist and Japanese with the wrought-iron and white.

This is fantastic, especially the shower area with the numerous nozzles.

No comments: