Monday, October 22, 2007

Samurai Japanese Restaurant

I just have to rave about this Japanese restaurant which I went to last night (Saturday) with Jason and Ryan. Samurai Japanese Restaurant is apparently well-known for its huge sashimi. Look at the pictures and drool ;p

There was a long line when we got there but it moved fast, which was good. The service was pretty good for a busy restaurant. Our tea (real green tea) was topped up frequently without us having to ask for refills and the food was served promptly (at least much faster than at Sushi Town).

I had the combination set (C$9.50) which included the following: beef teriyaki, rice, miso soup, tempura, 3 pcs BC roll and 3 pcs nigiri sushi (salmon, tuna and prawn). I was in the mood for some beef as I just had Japanese food for lunch too.

Beef teriyaki and tempura with rice. Tender beef with teriyaki sauce and crispy warm tempura.
Salmon Sashimi (C$9.95) which we shared. Look at the thickness of the sashimi. Fresh too. You sure can't find it in Singapore.

Salmon Don (C$8.95) which Ryan ordered and partial pic of the Gomaa (C$3.25) Same thickness of the salmon sashimi.

The nigiri sushi and BC roll. I was a bit disappointed of the BC roll as it tasted different from what Yakko Sushi used to serve where the salmon skin was crispier and smaller pieces. Not a huge slab of salmon skin.

Jason had some unagi tempura roll or something plus the salmon sashimi and my food which I only had about 1/2 of it. The garburator lives! Hehehe.

I do like this place for the homey feel and quick turnover of customers. Definitely not a place to linger.

Location
Samurai Japanese Restaurant
1108 Davie Street, Vancouver
http://samuraisushi.ca/index.html

No comments: