Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Insadong - Korean Food

Different kimchi

I am not an expert on Korean food as I don't really eat a lot of it. But I do like the kimchi - the sour spicy stuff just hits the spot. And when I usually have Korean cuisine, it was mostly at the food court, may not be the best place for authenticity.

But I still remembered the first time I tried Korean food, it was in Banff, Canada. That was absolutely amazing. The hot pot, the grill for bbqing your own meat and the seafood pancake. Just delicious!

Apparently where I used to live in Burnaby, the Lougheed Mall area (North Road) has more or less become a Korean Town. There are numerous Korean stores there and this restaurant Insadong is pretty good.

I ordered the tofu soup and seafood pancake. I didn't realize the soup came with rice and was in such a huge pot and filled with beef too! So obviously I could not finish my pancake at all. I love the soup, it was a bit spicy and warming to the stomach.


Location
Korean Barbeque & Live Fresh Seafood Restaurant
403 North Road, Coquitlam, BC
Telephone: (604) 936-3778
http://www.insadong.ca/

No comments: