Friday, October 12, 2007

Local Food

I miss my local food! Everytime I read blogs about local food, I crave for it. Maybe I should not be reading them much while I am here. Drooling.

Food I miss:
Hock Lam Beef Kway Teow (Noodles) from Far East Square area

Iced Teh Tarik from Mr Teh Tarik at Far East Square

Xiao Long Bao and La Mian from Crystal Jade

Fried Chicken Wing Prawn Paste and Carrot Cake from Crystal Jade Bakery

Fried Hokkien Mee from Glutton Bay or Food Republic at Suntec

Or Luak (Fried Oyster Omelette) from Glutton Bay or Chomp Chomp

Roasted Chicken Rice from Wee Nam Kee at Novena or the food center at Kovan

Yong Tau Foo from the food court at IRAS building

Nasi Briyani and fish curry from Lucky Prata at Lucky Plaza

Mini Pot Noodles (mee tai mak, dry) from the food center at Kovan Interchange

Fried Carrot Cake from the food center near the old Cheng San Town Council

Rojak from the S-11 at junction of Hougang Ave 3/Lor Ah Soo

Prawn Noodles (bee hoon mee, dry) from the market near my house

Chili dry prawn noodles from the Army Market

Char Kway Teow (no preference, but Tiong Bahru Market is good too)

Laksa (no preference, I think I prefer Penang Laksa now from Chili Padi at Tangs basement)

Mee Siam from a small eatery at Peninsula Plaza

Tom Yum Soup with Pineapple Rice from the food court at Peninsula Plaza

Fish soup from Ed's Fish Soup (only Peninsula Plaza food court version)

Bak Chor Mee/Fish Ball Noodles (no preference too)

Mee Rebus from the food court at Parkway Parade

Ayam Penyet from Ria (Level 4) at Lucky Plaza

Chicken Noodles from Es Teler at Cineleisure

Prata from the basement food court of Roxy (I think it has moved, pity as it was so crispy)

Vegetarian Bee Hoon near the old Aljunied Town Council

Special Noodles from the food center at Kovan

Bao from the coffee shop in Marine Drive (near the old cinema)

I don't really get to eat those all the time even in Singapore, but I sure do miss it. Especially the hokkien mee and or luak combo which I always shared with Davis after a night of clubbing.

No comments: