Sunday, October 21, 2007

Food/Restaurants in Canada (18 Sept - 19 Oct)

I have been eating in most of the time, especially turkey. Frankly we are all a bit sick of turkey. So far, besides the roasted turkey we had on Thanksgiving, I have had it in the following ways too:
- turkey noodle veggie soup
- turkey sandwich
- turkey porridge
- turkey fried rice
- turkey soup (with radishes, carrots and celery and chillies)

What else can I cook, using turkey? Davis suggested turkey burrito and turkey springrolls, I thought of turkey with the leftover chili crab sauce with the frozen prata :p

Other snack food I have tried since coming back to Canada:
- Tim Horton's donuts (Canadian Maple, Double Chocolate)
- CinnZeo's Miniroll (smaller version of the regular Cinnaroll - A "melt in your mouth dough, Siam™ cinnamon and brown sugar oozing between the tender wraps of dough, then completed with our mouth watering Philly Cream Cheese frosting")
- Little Monk's pretzel (it's so good!)
- Baskin-Robbins (Jamoca Almond Fudge)
- Mmmuffins (mini muffins - banana nut, butterscotch pecan and chocolate chip)
- New York Fries (just regular fries, surprisingly not salty - I had a taste only)
- TCBY (I had just regular swirl of chocolate and vanilla yoghurt with real strawberries topping)
- Chewy Chunks Ahoy (only had 2 cookies - I didn't like it. Too sugary sweet)
- hot dog from the vendor in downtown

Restaurants I have been to:
- Pho Hong along Kingsway
- Pho 99 along North Road
- Woodstone for Pho in Markham, ON
- Kim Vietnamese Restaurant for Pho in Toronto's Chinatown
- Zee's Patio & Grill at Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Sushi Town along Hastings/Warwick in Burnaby
- Robson Sushi Japanese Restaurant along Robson for cheap All You Can Eat Ala Carte Buffet
- Baton Rouge along Yonge in North York, ON
- Cristos Greek Taverna along Hastings
- Insadong Korean food along North Road
- The Boat House at English Bay for seafood
- IHOP for pancakes and omelette (Country Omelette which has ham, cheese, onions and hash browns topped with sour cream) at Lougheed Mall
- Red Robins near Lougheed Mall where I had the Buzzard Wings which were so yummy!
- Prima Taste Restaurant along Robson where I had the laksa, tried prata and ice kachang
- Eggspectations near Toronto Eaton Center where I had the Breton Benedict (two poached eggs, two crêpes, black forest ham, gruyere cheese with classic hollandaise sauce)
- Swiss Chalet near Markville Shopping Center in Markham where I had the chicken quesadilla.
- Grazie along Yonge and Eglinton (North York) for Italian food
- Smilin Jack's Bar & Grill for drinks near Finch Subway Station in Toronto
- Richtree Market Restaurant at BCE Place on Bay Street in Toronto
- Moxie's Classic Grill in Langley
- Shiang Garden in Richmond for Dim Sum (I think SG/HK has better dim sum)
- Cupcakes along Denman (love the shop, so pretty!)
- Mondo Gelato along Denman (tried Nutella and Dark Chocolate - so good!)
- La Piazza Dario Ristorante Italiano along Slocan in Vancouver (pretty warm homey experience with a touch of classy dining) I had the cannelloni alla romana - pasta stuffed with veal and spinach - huge portion. Didn't realize it is a culture to doggy-bagged then.
- Nando's Chicken at the food court (only time I ate in a food court so far) for 1/4 chicken with peri peri rice.

Starbucks didn't taste that great now, quite watered down caramel machiato so I don't really have coffee outside.

Hmmm....I think those are the places I can recall. It does seem like I have been to quite a number of places after all, in the one month I have been here.

No comments: