Friday, October 26, 2007

Curry Puffs in Vancouver

I admit, I am slightly astounded to taste pretty good curry puffs in Vancouver. Unfortunately I have no idea where exactly the bakery is. All I know is that it is near Kerr or something, towards Marine Drive, at a small mall strip with a bakery.

JH raves about the bakery goods all the time as CP usually goes there to buy freshly baked bread and pastries. So far I have tried the bread (really yummy when fresh, it can't keep long since there is no preservatives), cheesesticks (this is so gooood), Portuguese bun (very nice) and the curry puff.

I was skeptical when JH said the curry puff was really good. I mean, how many times have I been disappointed here when tasting food that was "native" to Singapore/Malaysia. But this curry puff was pretty good. It was a bit spicy with curried filling of potatoes and shredded meat in a thin flaky crust. Of course it cannot compare to those sold in Malaysia/Singapore but still, not too bad.

I still love the sardine curry puff from 1A Crispy Puffs.

No comments: