Saturday, October 20, 2007

Travel Journal: 4 - 6 October 2007

OK, back to the travel journey for the last 3 days of my stay in TO. I still can't decide if I like it or not.

4 October (Thursday)
- RS came over to pick me up so that he can take me around. He had nowhere in mind, and since I had already done the touristy thing of CN Tower and HHOF and downtown TO, it was really up to me to decide where to go. I asked to be taken to Oakville :p

- He drove us to Oakville despite him not really knowing where I wanted to go. Lol. And I had no idea how to get there too. It was good, catching up. Lots of sarcy funny remarks. We did make it to Bronte Harbour and I did vaguely remember the places of yesteryears.

- We decided to continue on to Niagara since we were already at Oakville. So We went to Niagara Falls and caught rainbows. Pretty! Then went to Niagara-on-the-Lake for early dinner. It was very nice, very charming town.

5 October (Friday)
- Didn't really have any plans but last minute decided to meet with KN. Initially I was to meet KN at Yorkdale, but KN suggested to meet for lunch instead at Eglinton station area. That was the area PY was meeting his teammates for lunch, so he drove me to the station instead of another one where I was to take the bus/train on my own to Yorkdale.

- Walked around Yonge-Eglinton Mall while waiting for KN. Tried Mmmuffins, my fave previously. It didn't taste as good, probably good thing as I don't crave for it at all. Met KN and her friend SH. We went across the road to have lunch at Grazie, an Italian restaurant.

- Food was fresh and pretty good. I doggie bagged my meal - Tasca (fresh pasta filled with ricotta, spinach, mushroom and brie baked in a creamy tomato porcini sauce) as it was too much.

- Took the subway with KN to get to Yorkdale. By the time we got there, I only had about 45mins to shop around. In the end, spent it in Sephora again. Hehe. I just love Sephora. Met PY at 4pm so that he can drive us back. He stopped by a friend's place to pick up a new phone - Blackberry. He told me he saw us at Grazie but i didn't see him when he left. Such a coincidence. Then we rented DVDs and got Baskins Robbins ice cream (Jamoca Almond Fudge). I made dinner - spicy cheesey tuna casserole - and WC dropped by to watch Blade of Glory with us. That was fun.

6 October (Saturday)
- PY got up early for training, I didn't go as it was way too early at 7am. I took a walk outside in shorts and tee and walked to the grocery store. Took pictures of the serene neighbourhood.

- PY came back and we watched Cashback before lunch. I made Prawn Beehoon for us - his birthday meal. No cupcakes as originally planned since I didn't have the ingredients and I was leaving that day. After that, I packed and PY drove me to the airport. Heavy rain on the way there.

- I checked in on my own, and waited at Starbucks to meet DM. I had arranged to meet DM at the airport since there was no other days available and airport was near his home anyway. It was nice, having someone wait with me before I boarded the plane. We had a nice chat.

- Took off late due to the windstorm. But arrived in Vancouver not terribly delayed. CP was at the airport to meet me as JH was still in USA then.

So that is the end of my Toronto trip. Just a week.

No comments: