Monday, October 29, 2007

Crabtree & Evelyn Loot

I went shopping! At Crabtree and Evelyn. I have resisted entering the store for so many weeks and I finally stepped in. I went in with Ria (a new girl I met here through Jason - also a SFU graduate, but many years my junior in school, not that many years in age) as she was looking for a birthday gift.

There are way more things than in Singapore. The SA told me that they will be discontinuing the Lost and Found fragrances - go grab if you love that. Besides India Hicks, they have other collections such as Noel (usual Christmas stuff), Anakkara Amber (Blend of amber, vanilla, apricot with coriander and cardamom notes), Kalahari (Blend of savannah grasses, acacia, berries & sun-baked sand - I quite like this), Wakaya (Scent: Orange, tiare flower, frangipani, coconut oil with driftwood & teak) and Winter Birch.

The prices are not any cheaper than in Singapore due to the current exchange rate. The La Source body lotion is C$19.95 + 13% taxes and then 1.5 exchange. In Singapore, that is around S$33 minus 15% discount for VIP. And usually I stock up during Christmas Preview where I get 30% off. I'm gonna miss this year Christmas Preview *sob sob*

Anyway, I was not going to buy, but then I saw the travel size. I am such a sucker for those travel size bath and body products. They were going at 4 for C$15. Suddenly it didn't seem so bad :p So I bought 2 x La Source body lotion, 1 x La Source shower gel and 1 x Lavender shower gel. And the SA said I could buy a Naturals Shower Mousse for only C$5. So I got the Mango and Grapefruit. Ria gave me the Pink Grapefruit and Cucumber (very nice of her).

Personally I would never buy the shower mousse in full retail price as it finishes very fast. There is no VIP program in Canada, but if you are on their mailing list or something. Every C$100 you spend, you will get a free gift. Similar to Sephora's program.

What caught me by surprise was the samples! Crabtree has samples?!? The SA gave us samples of the India Hick fragrance, Lost & Found fragrance and a Naturals In-Shower Moisturizer. Singapore never has samples at all!

So all in, I paid about C$23 for my loot. Happy girl :)

No comments: