Monday, October 22, 2007

Resort Travel

I want to travel to resorts for the beach and spa holiday again. I miss the close proximity Singapore has to the neighbouring countries - Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.

I was reading a friend's blog on her trip to Ubud, Bali and the resort she was staying. It looked fab! I think I was sold by the giant tub in the bathroom of her suite (she got upgraded). Hahahaha.

Check out the website of Kori Ubud.

Bathroom of the suiteWarm, inviting cosy bed to put you to dreamland immediately

I am such a beach person when I take my vacation now. I think there is something about being on a beach, lulled by the sound of the ocean, of the waves gently crashing onto the powdery soft pristine sand, feeling the warmth of the sun kissing the body and the light breeze caressing the skin which make one just relax automatically. The blue of the a clear sky with scattered fluffly white clouds and the azure of the ocean also help.

It can be such an idyllic experience if one just allow the body to relax and be in tune with nature. None of those rushing around, meeting deadlines, scheduling one life around the clock. The reason why I went back to Phuket 5 times now in just 3 years. People always asked me what do I do there? Am I not bored of the place already?

I was never bored because I was not there to sightsee and do the touristy things. I was there purely to laze around and do nothing. I only need to spend on my airfare and hotel. Hotel is an important component if you want to have a good de-stressing holiday. Decadent, luxurious ambience will add to the entire experience. Not grotty ones.

It makes sense to get a nice hotel if you are going to spend more than 50% of your time in the room/compound :)

So now I see this place - Kori Ubud - and it is tempting to just go there and chill too. The first time I went to Bali, I stayed near Ubud too. At the Alam Sari Resort in the Keliki Village about 20 mins drive away from Ubud. I saw the rice padi terraces and woke up to the crowing of the roosters. Sadly, I was not able to really appreciate such vacation places then. I was 22, just started working and full of energy. My holidays were always packed with activities, maxing out each day.

I did love the bathroom though :p It was an indoor garden bathroom which was pretty cool but I think the one thing which stood out then was seeing the ants crawling along the wall. Lol. That was also the first time I had a body massage. The therapist came into the villa to massage. I sure was not used to that at all, especially since mom and Van were in the room too. Shy, I was then ;p

Shall I visit Bali again? Not really my favourite destination but the resort sure looks good. We shall see :)

No comments: