Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cost of Living in Vancouver/Singapore

So here I am, and I did a totally "auntie" thing the last few days I was out in the malls. I went checking out the prices of basic necessities at the cheaper stores - London Drugs, Superstore, Wal-Mart and Zellers.

I can't believe that a bottle of saline solution costs between C$2.97 to C$5.97 + taxes. That is like daylight robbery especially since I can get 4 bottles for just S$5 in Singapore. Anyway, here is what I found out for the cheapest items.

Wal-Mart:
Saline solution (C$2.97)
Crest Whitening Strips (C$29.97)

Superstore:
Neutrogena Facial Wash (C$7.90 or so)

Zellers and London Drugs are not that cheap though still lower prices than in the other supermarkets or Shopper Drugs Mart.

Other comparisons that I can remember:
Movie ticket C$11.95 / S$9.50
Margarita in restaurant C$4.25 / S$9.99
Starbucks Tall Caramel Machiato C$3.60 /S$5.95
C&E La Source/Evelyn Rose Body Lotion 250ml C$20.00 / S$35.00 (S$53.00 for Evelyn Rose)

No comments: